The only version of SkeyCalc being actively maintained is the Mac OS X
version. Other versions remain available from the
but will not be revised.
Changes between version 2.0.1 and 3.0
- Universal binary runs natively on Intel and PowerPC processors
- Apple Keychain support
- Cleaned up user interface to remove old NeXT-looking widgets and fonts
- Swanky new app icon looks better at sizes larger than 48x48
- New (optional) panel shows results after calculating, rather than just copying and quitting
- Service appears by default on Mac OS X 10.6 and up
- Requires Mac OS X 10.3 and higher
Changes between version 2.0 and 2.0.1
- I noticed when I finally got an OS X machine of my own that the
interface in the Preferences panel looks smunged at the bottom. I hate
a broken interface, so this prompted the 2.0.1 release.
- I fixed the numbering problem in the help file.
- The application is MUCH smaller, and the distribution size is
reduced by 50%.
- I moved to a .dmg release model.
- There is a new 'postcards' menu, with an option to bring up that part of the info panel.
- Also new in the postcards menu, links to address confirmation online, and to the online postcard gallery.
- A menu option under help to open the SkeyCalc homepage.
- I've updated the application to indicate accurate copyright
years. SkeyCalc has an ongoing copyright.
- Reworded the postcard info screen. It looks better now.
- Support for turning off the postcard whine in the interface
(although other messages still cycle). You'll have to contact me for
instructions on turning the whining off, if you care enough...
Accessed times since March 26, 2001
Last Modified: September 15, 2009